Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Son, she said, have I got a little story for you..."

Today is the day for the re-release of Pearl Jam's Ten....I don't have much to say here. I just wanted to note the release of the newly re-mixed epic first album from Pearl Jam, Ten. The band is releasing several different packages to celebrate the 18th anniversary of one of the seminal albums of all-time. I'll be buying the version that includes the previously unreleased DVD of the MTV Unplugged show. I am a lifelong PJ fan, and while Ten isn't my favorite album (No Code is, or maybe Vs., or Vitalogy, or Lost Dogs, depending on my mood), I appreciate that without the huge success of Ten, the other albums may not have followed. "Alive" and "Even Flow" are huge songs that still hold up well when the band plays them live today. This album also has two of my all-time favorite PJ songs, "Oceans" and "Release". I can't wait to hear the new mixes of all the songs.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get a tour out of this!!

Our friend, Ed, loves his wine, too....


No comments: