Thursday, March 19, 2009

La Vieille Ferme Red AOC Côtes du Ventoux

Name: La Vieille Ferme Red AOC Côtes du Ventoux
Color: Red
Varietal: Blend (Grenache/Syrah/Carignane/Cinsault)
Vintage: 2005
Country/State: France
Region: Southern Rhone
Price: $7

Stars: 3.5 (out of 5)



I had a couple of glasses by myself as Krista was passed out with a bad cold. We've both had this wine before (the 2006 vintage) and found it to be a really good value for the money. Nothing fancy, pretty straight forward. It has a nice, medium body, with a grapey, purple fruit, and blackberry nose and taste. I found it to be juicy, with some pepper and spice from the syrah. The finish is not very long but still nice overall. There are several red blends that I like better, but for less than $10, it's hard to beat. I bought this wine at Total Wines. If I were to compare this wine to a Kentucky basketball player, the first person that comes to mind is Mark Pope - a solid contributor, doesn't try to do anything flashy, knows who he is, and plays an important role on the team.

No comments: