Saturday, June 27, 2009

St. Francis Red

Name: St. Francis
Color: Red
Varietal: Blend (Merlot/Syrah/Cabernet Franc/Cabernet Sauvignon/Zinfandel)
Vintage: 2005
Country/State: California
Region: Sonoma
Price: $10
Stars: 4 (out of 5)

The St. Francis Red is a delicious blend of Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, with just a touch of Zinfandel. This wine had a dark red color and a nose of ripe red fruits, with just a little spice. The taste was similar to the nose and was very smooth, with a medium body and a pleasantly long finish. I drank it without food after dinner, but I imagine it would go very well with any number of dishes.

I see this wine all the time and am definitely glad I finally tried it. I know I'll be buying more in the future. It's a fun everyday drinker type of wine that would appeal to most tastes. At $10, it's an excellent value.

No comments: