Tuesday, September 8, 2009

D'Autrefois Reserve Pinot Noir

Name: D'Autrefois Reserve
Color: Red
Varietal: Pinot Noir
Vintage: 2007
Country/State: France
Region: Vin de Pays
Price: $13
Stars: 3.5 (out of 5)

I picked up this wine at Total Wines based on the recommendation of one of the employees. The standard (non-reserve) bottling of D'Autrefois Pinot Noir is the best selling Pinot in the store. I really want to try that version to compare it to the Reserve, which is about $3-4 more than the regular bottling. We drank this last night with chicken and pasta. It was good, but not particularly memorable in any way that would make me want to rush out and buy more. It was light, a little fruity with some earthiness, and was easy to drink. I wish I had stuck with my original intention of picking up a bottle of the Castle Rock Mendocino Pinot that I have seen highly recommended as a great value Pinot Noir.

No comments: