Monday, March 8, 2010

Kaiken Malbec

Name: Kaiken
Color: Red
Varietal: Malbec
Vintage: 2008
Country/State: Argentina
Region: Mendoza
Price: $11
Stars: 4 (out of 5)

We had this Malbec from Argentina last night with a delicious chicken pasta
dish that Krista made for the first time.

The wine was excellent. Krista had it before at a restaurant and really liked it, so I added it to my list. I'm glad I did. It had a nice medium to full body and seemed a bit bigger and bolder than many of the Malbecs we've had in the past. It was juicy, with blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries, and it had a peppery spiciness that we both enjoyed very much. The wine went well with the meal and was also terrific on its own. At $11, it's a tremendous value.

I highly recommend the Kaiken Malbec...Kaiken also has a slightly higher priced (about $16) "Ultra" Malbec that I really want to try.

No comments: