Sunday, October 24, 2010

Coppola Presents Rosso

Name: Coppola Presents Rosso
Color: Red
Varietal: Blend (Zinfandel/Syrah/Cabernet Sauvignon)
Vintage: 2007
Country/State: California
Region: Various
Price: $8
Stars: 3.5 (out of 5)


We've had this red blend from Francis Ford Coppola before and really enjoyed it. We tried it again last night with pizza and it was still very good, especially for the price. It's a medium-bodied, juicy, smooth, easy drinking, fruit forward everyday style of wine that features cherries and strawberries.

It may be that my tastes are changing (hopefully evolving), but I wasn't as impressed with this wine as I have been in the past. It's a dry wine, but the up front freshness of the fruits made it taste a bit sweeter than I like. I wish the Syrah elements were more pronounced, but as it is, this wine is still a great value that pairs well with pizza, BBQ, or similar meals.

No comments: