Monday, October 4, 2010

Crios Rosé of Malbec

Name: Crios
Color: Rosé
Varietal: Malbec
Vintage: 2009
Country/State: Argentina
Region: Mendoza
Price: $11
Stars: 4 (out of 5)

Well, this was definitely my favorite Rosé I've ever had. It was much fuller bodied than most Rosés, and was made from the Malbec grape that thrives in Argentina. This one was another wine made by Susana Balbo under her Crios label. We've had the Crios Torrontes and really enjoyed it, too.

The Crios Rosé is a brilliant, dark pink color and has a great nose of strawberries, flowers, and a bit of pepper. It was rich and spicy, dry and delicious.

This wine really restored my faith in Rosé wines. I was close to cutting them out of my life completely, but thanks to the Crios Rosé, they'll stick around for a little while longer.

No comments: