Friday, November 27, 2009

7 Deadly Zins

Name: 7 Deadly Zins
Color: Red
Varietal: Zinfandel
Vintage: 2006
Country/State: California
Region: Lodi
Price: $15
Stars: 4.5 (out of 5)

This was the wine I picked out to go with our Thanksgiving meal. I decided to stick with a big American wine to go with the holiday. Krista made Sangria, and the rest of our family was content with their "wine" of choice - namely white zinfandel.

The 7 Deadly Zins has received many recommendations from many sources online, so I decided to give it shot. I'm glad I did. It was delicious. Raspberry, blackberry, and black cherry dominated the nose and the taste, but it was balanced out by some peppery spice and a little whiff of nuttiness. When I first opened it, the wine was a little oak-y, but that blew off after about 30 minutes of air. The wine was terrific on its own, but also went well with all of the turkey, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes, etc...It didn't overpower the food. It was really silky smooth and very tasty.

I highly recommend the 7 Deadly Zins and will definitely buy more in the future.

No comments: