Sunday, May 31, 2009

Barefoot Cellars Zinfandel

Name: Barefoot Cellars
Color: Red
Varietal: Zinfandel
Vintage: NA
Country/State: California
Region: Various
Price: $6
Stars: 3 (out of 5)

Not bad for a $6 wine...The Barefoot wines are usually very reliable and serve as good values across all varietals. I drank this wine last night after dinner when the kids were in bed as I watched the Magic beat the Cavs to advance to the NBA Finals!! The nose was similar to most Zinfandel based blends I've enjoyed, with cherry and raspberry being the dominant aromas. The taste was primarily cherry, raspberry, and vanilla. I didn't really pick up on any of the spice that I usually find in Zins. Also, it was not as full bodied as I would have preferred and tended to be a little more towards the off-dry side instead of dry...Overall, it was a decent wine for a great price.

No comments: